- Contributor post by Michelle of EviesToolEmporium
1. What is your favorite vacation destination and why? Where exactly in the world is it located?
My favorite is usually one of the last places I have been. The last good holiday was a town called 1770. Yep it is a number. That is because it was the year that Captain Cook stopped there when he discovered Australia. A lovely spot, halfway up the Queensland (Australia) coast.
2. What are several places everyone visiting this destination should see?
At this town, they offer Larc Tours which are tours held in vehicles called LARCs which go over the land and in the water (ex-army vehicles). We did a day trip to a lighthouse which was just delightful as you can go inside and climb to the top of the lighthouse (a rare experience). The vehicles driving over land and water was also heaps of fun!
Nearby is Agnes Water which is a sweet township where the beaches actually has some surf (not usual at that end of the coast).
Bundaberg is a local town and good to visit to have a nice pub lunch or visit other beach areas.
3. What special customs, traditions, geography, nature etc. are intriguing about this destination?
Lovely geography – inlets, bays and high cliffs over-looking the sea. Go out on a kayak and enjoy the water and changing wildlife and scenery. We went out in our kayaks and stopped at a sandbank where we were lucky enough to see the birds taking advantage of the bait fish that were captured in a water hole while the tide changed. Magical!
4. Where are the hot spots to eat and drink?
We camped so didn’t eat out much, but did enjoy eating at our campsite which fronted the beach in front of the inlet where you could watch the sunset into the water (photo). Everyone gathers on the beach on the evenings to watch the sunset with their glass of wine.
5. Have you been to your favorite vacation destination more than once and will you visit again?
I have been there twice now. Once when the children were little (great spot for kids) and just recently the two of us. I would love to go back.
6. What are your social media sites?