Contributor post by Alicia from AliciasFindings
#LocalMarketSeries – RosesWorkshop
1. What show are you participating in? Tell us a little about it.
April is the first of my shows at “Prom Art”. www.promart.info/
which is an exhibition of Arts and Crafts along the promenade (seafront) at Grange-over-sands in Cumbria. It runs the last Sunday of the month from April through September.
2. Have you been to this show before? If so what made you come back.
I’ve been every year since 2012. The location is beautiful, though at the mercy of the weather. The organizers are friendly, helpful and enthusiastic, and get up very early to put up banners on all the main roads in the area. Being a regular event is great too, as you get returning customers.
3. How far in advance did you prepare for this show? What do you prepare (besides items)?
As with most of the events I attend through the summer, you have to inquire very early – most are fully booked and paid for by March. The major preparation is any maintenance on my Gazebo. This is a crucial piece of equipment, as even on a warm summer day there are sea breezes that will blow the stock off your display if you don’t have some protection.
4. Have you picked a select few shows or are you a weekend warrior?
I generally do two events per month through the summer. Agricultural Shows and County Fairs work well for my British Wool products, and it’s lovely to be in a marquee full of local makers.
5. What advice do you have for first time craft show sellers?
I would advise first timers to check the venue as a visitor if possible, so you can see if it’s the right fair for your kind of craft before you book. You can also navigate the traffic system and find the car park in advance so you don’t have to stress on the day.
6. What are your social media sites?
You can see my events here: www.rosesworkshop.co.uk/calendar.asp
and find me on these social media sites: