Contributor post by Michelle of EviesToolEmporium
#CIJPopUpMarket #1 Shop – RosesWorkshop from RosesWorkshop
1. What is the name of your shop and where do you look for inspiration?
My shop is called Roses Workshop. I work with British wools and wool fabric such as Harris tweed. Often I am inspired by the colours and textures of my materials and how they fit with the seasonal landscape.
2. How has your shop evolved over time?
I started out selling just within the UK, but soon expanded to International sales. From knitted hats and gloves I moved on to housewares such as cushions and tea cosies, then more complex designs such as clocks and lampshades.
3. What do you love most about your work?
I love how every day is different. When I switch on the computer in the morning I have no idea what has sold on the other side of the world overnight. I am open to custom order requests, and I love hearing the varied ideas of my customers.
4. What motivating music do you listen to? Share your playlist that gets and keeps you going!
My radio is set to Smooth Radio, mostly easy listening and oldies but some new stuff too. I find this gives me a nice mix of music and news without being too distracting. Sometimes I’ll have on a classic whodunit instead, such as Miss Marple or Sherlock Holmes, so I can listen to the story while I work.
5. What book are you reading right now and where is your favorite place to read?
I like to read fantasy novels about worlds a bit different from our own. I love Terry Pratchett’s quirky sense of humour, and I’m currently re-reading I Shall Wear Midnight. I read in bed in the morning with my first cup of tea of the day, as this eases me into the new day in a positive frame of mind and ready to create beautiful things.
6. What are your social media sites?