Contributor post by Michelle of EviesToolEmporium
1. What is the name of your shop and where do you look for inspiration?
My shop is called DeeDeeSupplies. My inspiration is jewellery – I love jewellery and so creating a shop based on jewellery supplies was going to be inevitable in the long run!
2. How has your shop evolved over time?
I only opened my supplies shop late in 2016 so it is still quite young. I am, however, thinking about the future in terms of introducing other craft supplies besides jewellery, and maybe tutorials and craft kits. It is all a work in progress!
3. What do you love most about your work?
I love that I am my own boss and can organize my own hours. I am a night owl, and don’t do mornings well. So to run my own shop and have control of my life and hours is a bonus for me.
4. What motivating music do you listen to? Share your playlist that gets and keeps you going!
I love music and listen to it most Friday & Saturday nights, but during working hours in my studio – would you believe it – I don’t have much radio reception (yes radio) so I listen mostly to the BBC and ABC news.
5. What book are you reading right now and where is your favorite place to read?
At the moment I am reading Thomas Hardy ‘Far from the Madding Crowd’ I love old classic literature, and I did read this many years go, but am enjoying reading it again. I love reading in bed!
6. What are your social media sites?
At the moment I am on Instagram and my other social media promotion piggy backs on my other more established shop DeeDeeDeesigns. But I am looking to expand my social media in the coming months.