Contributor post by Michelle of EviesToolEmporium
1. What is the name of your shop and where do you look for inspiration?
My shop is FabriArts. I am inspired when i see a particular fabric in a quilt shop, or view inspiring quilts, embroidery and other fabric arts on blogs and other social media platforms.
2. How has your shop evolved over time?
I started by selling mostly small items such as my fiber art cards and small wallets since I wasn’t sure I wanted to invest in larger and pricier items. Now my best sellers are table linens (table runners, place mats, mugs rugs and coasters) and quilted Advent calendars although I still keep my shop stocked with the smaller items.
3. What do you love most about your work?
I love working with fabrics and threads. It’s exciting to see something come to fruition that I’ve been imagining in my head. Although I use a quilt design software to plan many of my projects it’s still never the same as my finished works.
4. What motivating music do you listen to? Share your playlist that gets and keeps you going!
Alternative rock is my go-to music style. Imagine Dragons to the Barenaked Ladies, Mumford and Sons and Fade Chromatic (my son’s band) are always on my playlist as well as some more folk style artists like Enya, Loreena MCKennnit and Florence and the Machine.
5. What book are you reading right now and where is your favorite place to read?
I admit I like to read chick lit. I’ve just discovered Sonali Dev as an author and I’m reading “A Change of Heart” which is about the illegal trade of organs for transplant. I always read in bed before I go to sleep and in the summer one of my favorite places to read is on the deck at the cottage overlooking the lake.
6. What are your social media sites?