Contributor post by Michelle of EviesToolEmporium
1. What is the name of your shop and where do you look for inspiration?
My shop name is “NV illustration”. We keep a track on latest trends in paper cut art on Etsy and Pinterest, there are many artists whom we regularly follow for inspiration and at last nature around us is the main inspiration for work.
2. How has your shop evolved over time?
We started off by making hand painted wooden jewellery and kept on doing it for almost a year after a year we found our bigger passion which was paper cutting, and from then we have shifted from wooden products to paper cut products and now we are completely on to making hand cut paper cut artworks and products.
3. What do you love most about your work?
The most loved part of our work is the mystery about the final artwork which unfolds while making the artwork, in paper cutting you never know the final outcome. It comes out step by step as we move forward in our process and than comes the painting part which we enjoy the most.
4. What motivating music do you listen to? Share your playlist that gets and keeps you going!
This is the most tough question as me and my partner keep fighting on who’s playlist will be played while working. We prefer hip hop and relaxing music, now a days our favorite artist is Ed Sheeran (Galway girl) and Katy Perry (Bon appetite).
5. What book are you reading right now and where is your favorite place to read?
Now a days I am reading a book called “GITA” by Dev dutt Pattanaik a Indian author who writes about Indian mythology and history in contemporary terms. My favorite place to read is my bed as read and sleep off while doing that.
6. What are your social media sites?
Deviant Art: NVillustration