During these hot sultry days of summer it is often very difficult to keep ourselves cool and yet be able to dress both fashionably and stylishly. We’ve all experienced that moment when we get ourselves put together in the morning to head out the door-perfect outfit, makeup and hair just right. Then you step outside and the excessive humidity hits you. All of a sudden you are transformed into a dripping wet mess.
So how can you stay cool and comfortable and still look great? One suggestion is to keep your clothes loose. The less fabric you have actually touching your body, the cooler you will be. This allows more airflow on your skin which will help cool you down.
I posed this question to the members of the Etsy Christmas In July Team. Here are their suggestions along with stylish clothes and accessories to help you look your best during the dog days of summer.
I am never without a glass of water when it’s hot in the summer. I have a 20 ounce travel mug that I fill with ice and then water and it gets filled again every hour. I stay very well hydrated and I do my photography before noon or after three. It’s been close to 100 for the past few days and even being outside and not moving around a lot brings on the sweat. The water is a necessity.
We live in Florida, so the heat and humidity is awful this time of year. My best advice to beat the heat, is don’t do anything, lol. Just kidding, to keep cool we spend a lot of time at our local springs where the water is very cold and refreshing. It is 70 degrees all year, or 72, the springs water temp. For an awesome swim suit cover up, check out my item below.
Summer here in Washington state is never as hot as some states but when we do have those lazy days of summer I love to take a nap in the shade and drift off listening to the sounds of the day, the breeze, birds and the sound of children playing in the sprinkler of pool
Vintage Children’s clothing are extremely trendy right now! This adorable 2 pc. summer outfit is from the 1950s and is a cute and cool outfit made from a breezy seersucker material for those hot summer days!
Contributor post by Michelle of EviesToolEmporium
1. What is name of your shop and what is unique about your shop?
My shop is AnniMae’s, which is actually short for the longer version started online over 16 years ago – AnniMae’s Emu Egg Collectibles. I started online in early 2000 with a website of that name to showcase my decorated eggs that I was doing at the time – ostrich, emu, finch, quail, goose and duck eggs made into dioramas, jewelry boxes and necklaces. What is left of those creations is now in my shop, along with vintage collectibles and jewelry, handmade jewelry, my canvas artwork and my latest interest in sawblade painting. I occasionally have supplies available too.
2. What is your favorite July activity where you live?
Getting together with family around good food, lots of love and a swimming pool!
3. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?
Greece and Italy! I LOVE the counryside of these areas and the architecture.
4. Who do you most admire in life?
The beauty in nature and all the living creatures, big and small.
5. What is a skill you’d like to learn and why?
I think making jewelry from scratch with precious metals and gems, especially learning about and how to use gems in jewelry.
6. What are your social media sites?
Contributor post by Amy of BeadsAndThreadsbyAmy
The season is upon us! A time for family and friends. A time for caring, sharing, and giving. Why not let the Christmas in July team help you find that special gift that shows just how much you care? Just be careful, or you may wind up in Ken Nesbitt’s predicament!
December I went shopping
for presents for my friends.
I bought a bunch of knickknacks
and a lot of odds and ends.
I picked the kinds of presents
that everyone enjoys:
Computer games and candy
and a wagon-load of toys.
I brought them home and wrapped them.
I placed them near the tree,
but liked them all so much
that I unwrapped them just for me.
Would it be wrong to keep them?
I guess it just depends.
Can someone loan me money
to go shopping for my friends?
4) Dawn Whitehand from DeeDeeDeesigns says “Being an Australian we don’t do the Black Friday thing as we don’t do thanksgiving – but I am happy to offer my USA friends and customers a coupon code for the occasion …. and the USA dollar is strong against the Aussie dollar at the moment – all the more reason to take advantage of my custom coupon code Blackfriday2015 for 10% off.” Check out her lovely ceramic work.
5) Ginny C from GRCTreasures will have all items in her shop on sale during the Thanksgiving weekend starting midnight on Thursday through cyber Monday. She has a variety of vintage items in her shop, like this one…
Active now is code HOLIDAY2013 – $10.00 off of a $50.00 purchase.
Starting Blackfriday until December 4th is code BLACKFRIDAY for 20% off.
11) Ethical Infant from Ethicalinfant offers a selection of baby clothing and is offering Free Shipping with the code ShipFree at checkout. They will also be doing a “Buy 2, Get 1 Free” sale. Just check out their banner for more details.
13) Melissa R from missy69, who offers a variety of jewelry and hand crafted items says, “Starting November 1, 2015, and lasting all the way until January 1, 2016, I will be kicking off the holidays with a BOGO event. That is right, buy one item, get the second item, of equal or lesser value free. You will put the first item in your cart, then in the comments tell me the item you want for free. It is as easy as that. Please be aware that if you pick a made to order item, then both items will be shipped when the second item is completed. It is still always best to ask questions first, and avoid issues later. Free USA shipping will still apply. If, by chance two people want the same item, then it will be first come first serve. All invoices are dated, and timed, so this shouldn’t be an issue. Start making your list now!”
15) Lori from SpokeNwheelz will be doing mystery packs of 2 T-shirts with bicycles or cars (you choose, and specify size) for $20. Use coupon code XMAS15 in her shop at checkout for a Free Shipping bonus!
Many more shops will be offering special sales this Holiday Season. Just search “CIJ” or “Christmas in July” to check out our entire team’s items!
Wishing you good cheer, good times, and good shopping this holiday season!