Contributor post by Alicia from AliciasFindings
1. What made you start your small business?
I started my business because I didn’t find anything within the Australian marketplace creating what I wanted for my daughter’s nursery, and so my print’s business was born back in 2012. I moved into stationery in 2015 and haven’t looked back.
2. What do you feel is your greatest obstacle facing your small business?
The biggest obstacle facing my business is the speed of growth I’ve had over the last year. It’s really taken off and I’m still finding my feet!
3. What is the greatest strength you personally bring to your small business?
My tenacity! I’m a stubborn, headstrong woman and once I start something I don’t give it up without a fight. I think part of that is making sure I deliver the absolute best product I can to my customers as well, if they’re happy then so am I!
4. What is your small business strategy? How have you set up your business in terms of goals, marketing, business planning, etc?
My strategy is to stay sustainable. I enjoy being a one woman show and so finding the balance in how much work I take on is key. I have several to-do lists running at any given time, covering all the basics like admin work, marketing and social media, and I sit down every 6 months to revise my business plan.
5. What social media sites do you interact on?