I would bet that cleaning and organizing is not at the top of anyone’s to do list. It is a necessary evil.
Here are some fun facts about cleaning…
1. You can burn 100 calories for each hour of cleaning. (I need to lose weight, but this would not be my first choice for doing it.)
2. By simply disinfecting your desk frequently, you can reduce sick days in the office by 30%. (N/A I am retired)
3. Dust particles are comprised of 70% dead skin flakes. (YUCK!!!)
4. Office phones have over 25 000 germs per square inch. (Going to clean my phone right NOW!)
5. For antibacterial cleaner to be effective it must be left on surfaces for 30 to 60 seconds before wiping away. (Thanks, I didn’t know this.)
6. The air quality in a closed space can be up to 500% worse than outdoors. (News to me.)
7. Most offices contain 400 times more bacteria than a toilet seat. (Glad I am retired for sure!)
8. One square metre of carpet can hold approximately 1kg of dirt. (Someone want to convert this for me?)
9. The average woman cleans for 12, 896 hours in her lifetime, while men clean an average of 6, 448 hours. (What’s up with this?)
10. Typical office workers hands come in contact with 10 million bacteria per day. (Again, retired.)
I believe everyone should have a pretty and unique container for their trash in every room. Here is one for starters…
Love these wine charms that you put on your glass so that you never forget whose glass is whose at a party.
Nothing makes you clean house like the hormones that cause “nesting” in the second trimester of pregnancy! When pregnant with my first, my husband found me in the middle of the night climbing in the pantry to organize all of our party serving ware for the Baptism party we were going to throw four months later!
He also found me organizing (and reorganizing!!) all our food in the pantry! Stockpiling the faves and making donation bags constantly!
This time around, my home studio is getting tons of attention! It’s been VERY fruitful to organize beads and see what I really have in stock and what I need to order (vs just guessing)! The hormones have also inspired me to set up a more productive and consistent photography light box that is always ready to go!
That–and again, hoarding a bunker of our favorite foods!! I think my subconscious is worried about us starving to death when a new baby comes lol!
Here’s a tribute to all those pregnant mommies out there riding the highs and lows of those hormones that make us glow and grow!!! A new collection of mine inspired by the baby under my heart–a pregnancy tracking bracelet to help you keep time of your little one’s approaching birthday! A great baby shower gift or treat for yourself! You deserve it after all that life changing magic of mid night tidying!
Many thanks to those who shared their thoughts and great items with us!
Until next time,