Contributor post by Michelle of EviesToolEmporium
Let’s travel to Bosnia and Herzegovina – Banja Luka with Sonja from DeepSilence
1. What city do you live in? What makes it special?
I live in the town of Banja Luka, which has a lot of trees. The city is full of greenery and there is one river named Vrbas. Behind the river is an old castle from the Roman period.
2. What are several places everyone visiting your country should see?
Near my town is Andric city. This is very young city. Behind old city Visegrad is the birth place of our Nobel writer Ivo Andric. His novel describes the period from the Turkish empire in our country. Andric city is well known because of the very famous film director Emir Kusturica. His idea is to show many cultural period of our country in one place.
While in my country you should also see the old city Barscarsija in Sarajevo and old bridge in Mostar.
3. How have the customs, traditions, geography, nature etc. inspired the items you create?
I have a lot of works inspired by our traditions. Some of them are in in the UNESCO book – Traditional Arts And Crafts In BiH.
4. What are you doing this fall to drive your business in your community? Are you doing a festival or show? How do you reach out to your community?
I have my own place in the spreading center where my work has a permanent exhibition and sale gallery. Here are some pictures.
5. What are your social media sites?