Contributor post by Megha of byTheArtBug
Today let’s travel to Italy with Lia from Ghirlandiamo.
1. What city do you live in? What makes it special?
I live in Salerno, a not so big town in South Italy, near to Naples.
We are on the sea and the weather is warm and beautiful for the most part of the year.
Salerno is making big progresses: it’s renewing town architecture with a lot of new particular buildings, designed by great architects from all over Europe!
We all are proud to live here!
Salerno – Italy
I’m so lucky: my town is on the middle of two splendid coasts: on a side there is the Amalfi Coast , wonderful and famous , and on the other side there is the Cilento Coast, less known but stunning too and still wild enough.
Cilento Coast – Italy
2. What are several places everyone visiting your country should see?
People coming here have a large choice of places to visit, as Salerno is
– 30 minutes far from Paestum: well known for its rests of Greek Civiliization;
– 40 minutes far from Amalfi and a little bit more from Positano: famous all over the world;
– 40 minutes far from Naples: no other words are needed about it
Paestum – Italy
Amalfi – Italy
Positano – Italy
3. How have the customs, traditions, geography, nature etc. inspired the items you create?
I think all that (I mean the sea, the sun, the place where I live and its ancient civilization) strongly influenced the way I am, that, in turn, is deeply expressed in my works .
Made in Italy is appreciated all over the world and I think my creations convey my Italian taste in the modern and personal style of a warm, friendly and congenial Mediterranean woman.
4. What are you doing this fall to drive your business in your community? Are you doing a festival or show? How do you reach out to your community?
I’m going, with other crafters, to organize a temporary shop in the ancient center town, as in Christmas time here come many tourists.
5. What are your social media sites?
My shop is on :