Contributor post by Michelle of EviesToolEmporium
1. What is your favorite vacation destination and why? Where exactly in the world is it located?
Our favorite vacation destination is Glacier National Park, Montana. Located in Northwest Montana, Glacier is home to mountains, lakes, a variety of wildlife, and (obviously) glaciers! It is a beautiful place, and is close to the town where we grew up.
2. What are several places everyone visiting this destination should see?
Must-see spots in Glacier National Park include Lake McDonald, the Avalanche Creek Trail, the Weeping Wall, and the Logan Pass summit on the “Going to the Sun” highway. All of these places are easily accessible, so don’t miss them if you plan to visit Glacier! I’m sure that there are many other must-see places, since the park is huge, but I’ve listed the ones that I visit almost every time I go there.
3. What special customs, traditions, geography, nature etc. are intriguing about this destination?
Glacier National Park is filled with mountains, and the Continental Divide passes through it. The photo ops are amazing, so don’t forget to bring your camera! Please heed the warning signs regarding the local wildlife- they are totally serious about the dangers of the grizzly bear.
4. Where are the hot spots to eat and drink?
Campground and picnic areas are my favorite spots to enjoy a meal or snack, but you can also choose to dine at the Lake McDonald Lodge instead. There are also eating establishments inside or outside the park.
5. Have you been to your favorite vacation destination more than once and will you visit again?
When I was growing up, a trip to Glacier National Park was in order every time our cousins came to visit from out of town. We’d usually picnic at Lake McDonald and then take a quick hike along Avalanche Creek. I went to the Park this summer, with my brother, and I’ll go again next time I visit the area. It is gorgeous!
6. What are your social media sites?