Contributor post by Megha of byTheArtBug
1. What city do you live in? What makes it special?
My name is Yukiko Tanaka , from Japan .
I’m living in Ōtsu . Ōtsu is very near Kyoto .
Ōtsu is located in Shiga Prefecture . Shiga is famous for Lake Biwa . Lake Biwa is the biggest lake in Japan .
2. What are several places everyone visiting your country should see?
Kyoto is the best place to sightseeing . Kyoto was the capital of Japan from 1200 years ago to 400 years ago . There are many beautiful traditional old temples , shrines , houses and gardens in Kyoto . My recommendation is Kurama Temple .
Nara is also very old town . Many temples and shrines there .
Izumo City is famous for Izumo Shrine . Izumo Shrine is one the oldest Shrines in Japan . Majestic !
3. How have the customs, traditions, geography, nature etc. inspired the items you create?
Kimono is beautiful . No doubt . Beauty exists in kimono . If you wear a kimono, you will be fascinated by it .
However , wearing kimono is very difficult . So , I created kimono poncho .
Kimono poncho is made of kimono fabrics . You can easily wear it .
4. What are you doing this fall to drive your business in your community? Are you doing a festival or show? How do you reach out to your community?
I will attend ” Kimono de Jack ” meetup event this fall . ” Kimono de Jack ” is meetup event by kimono lovers .
There are several Kimono de Jack groups in the world now .
I attended a Kimono de Jack meetup in the Netherlands last month . It was so fun !!
5. What are your social media sites?
Facebook : www.facebook.com/kimonoponcho
Tumblr : kimonoponcho.tumblr.com/
Pinterest : www.pinterest.com/kimonoponcho/
Twitter : twitter.com/okinusan
Instagram : instagram.com/kimonoponchocom