Contributor post by Megha of byTheArtBug
Let’s Travel to Canada – Victoria BC with Elizabeth Wellburn’s of ElizabethLovesGlass
1. What city do you live in? What makes it special?
Canada, Victoria BC. I think it’s special for many reasons including a wonderful artsy community, fabulous gardens, close to farmland and there are lots of old houses that have been restored.
2. What are several places everyone visiting your country should see?
Canada is huge! Everyone who comes to Victoria should see Butchart Gardens. The west coast has many wonderful attractions including the Whistler resort and the bustling city of Vancouver. Traveling across the country is a lengthy process, but there are beautiful places in the Rockies, on the prairies, the big cities like Toronto and Montreal and the east coast is also amazing with folk music and much more.
3. How have the customs, traditions, geography, nature etc. inspired the items you create?
I work with recycled glass and up cycled fibers and I think the beauty of nature is part of what inspires me to think “green” as much as possible. And I also have lots of vintage finds in my store – there is so much tradition here as people cherish their multi-cultural heritage and collect items from many parts of the world.
4. What are you doing this fall to drive your business in your community? Are you doing a festival or show? How do you reach out to your community?
I’m in several small shops that feature local artists. Victoria is lucky to have made this a priority and it’s easy to get involved. There are lots of local holiday craft fairs as well! Almost too many to choose from.
5. What are your social media sites?