Contributor post by Alicia of AliciasFindings
Let’s travel to Greece – Piraeus with Ifigeneia from Fifirixtra
1. What city do you live in? What makes it special?
I live at Piraeus (Attica). It’s a very old city and famous for its port. Also it’s very close to all kinds of transportation and it isn’t as crowded as Athens.
2. What are several places everyone visiting your country should see?
I think that we have soooo many historical places that someone can see.
First of all he MUST go to Parthenon. It’s the greatest of all.
Delphoi is the biggest historical place that you must go – the center of earth as it was called at the ancient times.
The great thing is that we have many small islands that you can choose from being alone at a beach – Samothraki – to party all the time – Mykonos.
Everywhere you can see small museums with treasures.
3. How have the customs, traditions, geography, nature etc. inspired the items you create?
Well the good weather at the most of the time sure inspires me, but the great nature with all that sea is the biggest inspiration for me. Tradition is in my blood as I studied tradition art when I was younger.
4. What are you doing this fall to drive your business in your community? Are you doing a festival or show? How do you reach out to your community? I think that this fall I will have more time to create little pieces of me as my daughter is getting bigger (17 months yeah!) and my mothers flower shop is the place that I am going to be the mothers flower shop is the place that I am going to be the most of the time.
5. What are your social media sites?