Contributor post by Michelle of EviesToolEmporium
1. What is the name of your shop and where do you look for inspiration?
My name is Donna and my shop is Treasures from the Lake. I make jewelry, bookmarks, and ornaments from beach glass. My inspiration comes from my husband and family. The design of the piece depends sometimes on the size and shape of the glass. Sometimes I get a design in my head and have to figure out how to make it come about.
2. How has your shop evolved over time?
My wire working techniques have improved and have recently been dabbling in some drilling techniques. I am proud to have some regular customers and am constantly looking for new designs to add to the shop.
3. What do you love most about your work?
I love that my work comes from nature. Imagine a bottle, vase, being tossed into the lake. And after decades of the waves tumbling it, it becomes a polished smooth piece that gets left on the shore. Then there is the joy of finding the piece and transforming it into a work of art.
4. What motivating music do you listen to? Share your playlist that gets and keeps you going!
Share your playlist that gets and keeps you going! I don’t usually have music on but that is a great idea.
5. What book are you reading right now and where is your favorite place to read?
My favorite place to read is by the pool and right now am reading Keys to Love. It is a wonderful romance book set in the Florida Keys.
6. What are your social media sites?