Contributor post by Michelle of EviesToolEmporium
1. What is the name of your shop and where do you look for inspiration?
My shop name is SilverTrove and my inspiration comes from art, nature, architecture and other jewelry artist, past and present.
2. How has your shop evolved over time?
My shop is always changing based on my inspiration, the gemstones I work with and, most of all, the desires of my customers. I have always included premade pieces but most of my work now comes from custom orders, which I love.
3. What do you love most about your work?
I love working with my hands and pouring in a little of my heart to make each piece special and unique. Wire jewelry was my first love, but I’m also a silversmith and I really like combining the two. I also use leather, glass and other materials.
4. What motivating music do you listen to? Share your playlist that gets and keeps you going!
I listen to mostly Christian rock, especially bands like Project 86, Red, Crowder and Decyfer Down. I also listen to other music and my current favorite is Kaleo!
5. What book are you reading right now and where is your favorite place to read?
I read The Bible every day but I’m also reading a book called ‘Translating God’ by Shawn Bolz. I usually read at my computer desk, which is also where I do a lot of the hand work for my jewelry pieces.
6. What are your social media sites?
Twitter: Carol BradenWilliams
Blog: My Silver Trove