Contributor post by Michelle of EviesToolEmporium
1. What is the name of your shop and where do you look for inspiration?
My shop is BlueWorldTreasures and my inspiration is all around me in nature. I am lucky to live beside a large lake in Alberta, Canada and have all of the birds, animals and flowers/plants to give me inspiration.
2. How has your shop evolved over time?
I first started out making jewelry and just giving it away so that I had an excuse to make more! Then my niece suggested I try selling it at the local farmers market and people loved my unique take on jewelry pieces. From there a fellow crafter suggested I try Etsy and I have not looked back. I have been selling on Etsy for 3 years now and every year my shop grows.
3. What do you love most about your work?
I love that I can express my individuality in a piece of jewelry and that someone else will love it as much as I do!
4. What motivating music do you listen to? Share your playlist that gets and keeps you going!
I actually don’t listen to music while working. I live by a lake and have the sounds of nature all around me, birds singing, waves crashing on the beach, wind in the trees around my house – this inspires me as well as soothes me.
5. What book are you reading right now and where is your favorite place to read?
My favourite place to read is right on my front deck, facing the lake. Right now I am reading the 3rd in a series of SF dystopian future books about how our world will look after an EMP event.
6. What are your social media sites?