Contributor post by Michelle of EviesToolEmporium
1. What is the name of your shop and where do you look for inspiration?
The name of my shop is sparkklejar.
Inspiration comes in my desire to upcycle, recycle, repurpose and salvage items that people would normally throw out or find obsolete & not useful. I have a deep right brained desire to create something from something else. It seems we live in a throw-away society, It’s motivation and inspiration to make things that were once useful in their time, have a purpose again. I love color, i love to make big messes with paint, I love to salvage, I love metal rust glass & glitter. The fact my disastrous craft makes people happy is probably the best inspiration of all.
2. How has your shop evolved over time?
I’ve gotten a lot better at etsy in general, since i started in 2007. I now do an equal part hand made & vintage in one shop. I found a good balance and made it work over time. I am a lot braver now, and take risks on things like color and medium with some successes, some failures, and no regrets.
3. What do you love most about your work?
Working in my jammies.
4. What motivating music do you listen to? Share your playlist that gets and keeps you going!
This is really stupid, but totally true. I love music, but I need cathartic noise to create. The droning sound of a fan or blow drier.
5. What book are you reading right now and where is your favorite place to read?
I am actually starting to repurpose old canning booklets that are missing pages into envelopes. Ironically I am reading them instead.
6. What are your social media sites?