Contributor post by Michelle of EviesToolEmporium
1. What is the name of your shop and where do you look for inspiration?
The name of my shop is From Basement to Art. That is exactly how the shop began; cleaning out my basement, creating art from some of what I uncovered and wishing to pass on old treasures that would become new to someone else.
2. How has your shop evolved over time?
I still have many treasures and now find myself searching for more. I am not wanting to fill my basement again. Rather I see something and think “Oh…someone will love this.” Or perhaps “Someone could relive old memories with this.”
I look at the art on my wall and realize I have yet to post any of it (my own) in my shop but that day will come.
3. What do you love most about your work?
The only thing about running my shop that feels like work is the time it requires. I have always thought of other people when I shop, be it for clothes, books or housewares. Now I can shop for everyone who might wish to have reminders of their childhood, your parents or times gone by. And I love that I am able to work on my painting with a goal.
4. What motivating music do you listen to? Share your playlist that gets and keeps you going!
This is ever changing depending on my mood and what I am trying to accomplish. Yesterday it was Dan Fogelberg and Eric Clapton. Last week it was nonstop You Tube Hamilton videos! The only music I never listen to is opera.
5. What book are you reading right now and where is your favorite place to read?
I receive books on tape from the BARD program. At this present minutes I am listening to K.A.R.M.A by Grant McKenzie and am working my way through Leonard Barclay ‘s full body of work.
6. What are your social media sites?