Contributor post by Michelle of EviesToolEmporium
1. What is the name of your shop and where do you look for inspiration?
The LazyYVintage. Working for myself and getting to look for antiques for a living is my inspiration. Making my time my own and the shop keeps you doing so many different things, no time for boredom. You purchase, clean, take pictures, write descriptions, market it, handle the accounting, and inventory control. How can you not be inspired!
2. How has your shop evolved over time?
What started as a hobby shop, has now become my profession. So, I have evolved with it. I’m smarter on the items that I find for the shop. And, over time I can see a pattern for what I like. American potteries, dinnerware, and lately I realize that I love florist ware in the form of vases and planters.
3. What do you love most about your work?
I like going out and finding the treasures. As soon as I get home, I create an inventory list and start the research on the pieces. I can’t see to wait to know what, why, and when on each and every piece.
4. What motivating music do you listen to? Share your playlist that gets and keeps you going!
I tend to listen to books on my iPad. When it is music, a variety of country, old rock and roll, jazz, and the blues.
5. What book are you reading right now and where is your favorite place to read?
The Japanese Lover by Isabel Allende. I love to read on the backyard swing, or my little corner of the couch surrounded by my baskets of yarn and more books.
6. What are your social media sites?