Contributor post by Michelle of EviesToolEmporium
1. What is the name of your shop and where do you look for inspiration?
The name of my main shop is the Farmer’s Attic ~ Where Memories are Made and Treasures are Found. Inspiration comes from many sources, especially creating from patterns of talented designers.
2. How has your shop evolved over time?
I started in 2009 with a few handmade items beginning with primitive design and slowly adding in a variety of household items, baby items, quilts and more. I have since had to open two other shops; Mouse in the Attic (for primitives, wood décor, etc.) and Your Everyday Baby (for baby items). The Farmer’s Attic is my main shop which is filled with patterns, books, threads, notions and supplies.
3. What do you love most about your work?
I love interacting with my customers and being involved in creating custom items just for them.
4. What motivating music do you listen to? Share your playlist that gets and keeps you going!
I don’t listen to a lot of music when I work but when I do I love to listen to Jim Brickman radio on Pandora. When I’m cleaning, however, it’s Carole King’s Tapestry album full blast!
5. What book are you reading right now and where is your favorite place to read?
I mainly read my Bible every morning along with non-fiction teaching books. If I read fiction, it has to be a quick, easy read or I tend to lose interest. I love early mornings sitting quietly in my living room when I read.
6. What are your social media sites?
Facebook: The Farmer’s Attic
Facebook: By Your Hands
Pinterest: The Farmer’s Attic
Twitter: Farmer’s Attic
Tumblr: By Your Hands