Contributor post by Michelle of EviesToolEmporium
1. What is the name of your shop and where do you look for inspiration?
The name of my shop is 2aEmporium. My shop is a blend of vintage and handmade. My inspiration for vintage is just a love of history merged with the excitement of finding useful and pretty things from the past. My inspiration for handmade has to do with usefulness as well. I like to create handmade items that incorporate my love of vintage.
2. How has your shop evolved over time?
That’s a good question. I started out just selling handmade, but found I really enjoyed the hunt for vintage and wanted to share my finds with new homes. Over the past few years, I think I have evolved as a “picker” so my shop has evolved along with me.
3. What do you love most about your work?
I like having my own business. In my case, not only do my husband and I work at this together, but my daughter is a shop contributor, too. It is a lot of fun brainstorming ideas for handmade and hitting the estate sales together.
4. What motivating music do you listen to? Share your playlist that gets and keeps you going!
I don’t necessarily listen to music while I’m working on my shop business. When I do listen to music, it is Praise and Worship music. I like a variety of Christian artists.
5. What book are you reading right now and where is your favorite place to read?
I am reading the Book of Psalms right now. I’m an on-the-go reader. I have it downloaded on my phone, so I can whip out my phone and read as opportunity arises. If I have a long period of time to read, I usually read sitting in my favorite chair.
6. What are your social media sites?
Google +: 2aEmporium