Contributor post by Michelle of EviesToolEmporium
1. What is the name of your shop and where do you look for inspiration?
The name of my shop is SpoiledFelinesArt.
I’ve always been in awe of nature … it’s simplicity and beauty inspires me as an artist and as a human being … I believe that’s what drew me to the woodworking arts.
2. How has your shop evolved over time?
I opened my shop with some hand burned animal plaques and wood carved birds and ducks. Then I started getting lots of requests for wooden trinket boxes with hand burned special messages … So I do the custom order hand burned trinket boxes, and also carry some “in stock” trinket boxes that have already been hand burned with “meaningful sayings” onto them and are “ready to ship”.
3. What do you love most about your work?
I think what I love most about my work is creating a custom order for someone … I truly feel honored when a customer has chosen me to create a special gift for them!
4. What motivating music do you listen to? Share your playlist that gets and keeps you going!
I love hard rock music … but I must admit that I don’t listen to music or the TV when I’m working on an item. When I work, I like to focus on what I’m doing, so I work in silence.
5. What book are you reading right now and where is your favorite place to read?
I love to read, so I read wherever I happen to be … my faves are sci-fi books … the last book I read was “I Wore Heels to the Apocalypse” by C H Clepitt … great book … I highly recommend it!
6. What are your social media sites?
Facebook: Spoiled Felines Art