Contributor post by Michelle of EviesToolEmporium
1. What is the name of your shop and where do you look for inspiration?
The name is BeadyEyedBird, and I find inspiration in beautiful gemstones and the jewelry and bead creations of talented artisans and designers.
2. How has your shop evolved over time?
I have begun to focus more on bold, exotic items, whether they be unusual/rare gemstone beads, African trade beads, ancient Roman Glass, or striking, out-of-the-ordinary jewelry designs.
3. What do you love most about your work?
Writing my weekly blog in celebration of the things I love — beautiful gemstones and other natural materials for jewelry making, amazing Etsy artisans, stories from the bead and gemstone industry, and more.
4. What motivating music do you listen to? Share your playlist that gets and keeps you going!
Classical — Mozart, Beethoven
Folk and Bluegrass
Any music that celebrates and embodies joy, passion, beauty, love and life.
5. What book are you reading right now and where is your favorite place to read?
Usually read in bed — must have old fashioned paperback copy I can snuggle up with comfortably so I can focus on only that and be drawn into the book’s world. Right now I’m reading The Museum of Extraordinary Things.
6. What are your social media sites?