Contributor post by Opal of ApronStringsOwlLady
1. Please introduce yourself! What is the name of your shop? What city and country do you live in?
I’m Linda B. and I’m married and live in Elgin, IL. My shop is Linor Shop
2. Tell us the story of your work – what inspires you?
My inspiration is making Judaica jewelry and Jewish women’s head-coverings using wire, beads and charms.
3. What is your creative process?
I’m mostly self-taught and have taken a couple of classes in wire-wrapping. For a kippah (women’s yarmulke) I start with wire and beads and turn them into circles and spirals until my hands and eyes tell me I’m done. I don’t work with a pattern and purposely do not make them round because only G-d is perfect.
4. Where do your materials come from?
Online bead and wire shops and Facebook sellers.
5. Do you take custom orders?
I love taking custom orders. That is my specialty, meeting and exceeding my customers’ expectations.
6. What do you want us to know about you that is unique and innovative?
I value the traditions of Judaism and want to help my clients get elegant designs for bar and bat Mitzvahs and other happy occasions
7. What are your social media sites?
You can find me on: