Contributor post by Alicia from AliciasFindings
1. Please introduce yourself! What is the name of your shop? What city and country do you live in?
Hi! I am Amanda, a 35-year-old. I live in Fort Mitchell, KY with my husband and our two cats. My shop is Red Lotus Designs and I make handmade, colorful bohemian jewelry and home decor items.
2. Tell us the story of your work – what inspires you?
I am inspired by quotes, music and nature. I love helping people and love donating a portion of my sales to others in need each month. I come from an artistic family. You can say it’s in my blood. I love expressing myself through art.
3. What is your creative process?
I can look at a wall of beads and make up designs in my head. I love putting patterns and colors together. I love making one of a kind items. I want you so show off your personality and not have to worry about the person next to you wearing the same exact thing.
4. Where do your materials come from?
I try to buy from handmade artists for beads and packing supplies. I love shopping small and know how it can positively help a community.
5. Do you take custom orders?
Yes! They are my favorite. I’ll take all the wedding orders!
6. What do you want us to know about you that is unique and innovative?
After working years in customer service, I strive on giving customers the best of me. I ship the same or next day. All items are gift wrapped. I believe you should give gifts to yourself. Everyone is unique and special and I want you to feel that love when you shop from me for yourself or someone else.
7. What are your social media sites?
Etsy Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/RedLotusDesigns