Contributor post by Michelle of EviesToolEmporium
1. What is name of your shop and what is unique about your shop?
My shop is MermaidsHatBox. I sell handmade hats and caps. Many of my hats are worked after an agreement with my clients. So I can be considered the wishes of my clients, for example, size, color, material, shape.
2. What is your favorite July activity where you live?
In the region where I live,it’s very nice to bike ride. Every few kilometers you will find little green houses on the farms where you can take a break . This houses will call themselves ‘Melkhus’ or ‘Melkhüs’ (Transl: Milkhouse).
They are operated by the women of the farmers and sell milk drinks, desserts and homemade cakes. It’s a very fine trip destination.
3. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?
I would like to travel through Tuscany in Italy. The landscape is so great and I would like to see the culture, especially the architecture.
4. Who do you most admire in life?
My Grandmother. As I was a child we lived in a Three-Generation-House, but I’m always with her.
5. What is a skill you’d like to learn and why?
I would like to improve my skills in painting. I love watercolor painting, but paint only sporadically which does not promote my skills. I wish I had more time.
I sew hats, but would like to learn how to block hats like a milliner.
6. What are your social media sites?