Contributor post by Alicia from AliciasFindings
#LocalMarketSeries – Alicia from AliciasFindings
1. What show are you participating in? Tell us a little about it.
It is called “Handmade by Design” show benefiting SCC Academy Athletics Team and was held on April 9th. This event is among the first of its kind in my local area…in that it is handmade only.
2. Have you been to this show before? If so what made you come back.
This is its first year, but the people running it did a fall one as well. I came as a buyer to the fall one and loved what I saw.
3. How far in advance did you prepare for this show? What do you prepare (besides items)?
I have been preparing my items for a few months now. I am still creating some extra inventory now. I always prepare my “rolling bags” full of inventory, stands and such in advance – I also check this the night before any event. I do also make an inventory sheet of all my items, so as to know what to remake for the next show.
4. Have you picked a select few shows or are you a weekend warrior?
I do a few shows every season. I have my calendar set up for next years seasons already.
5. What advice do you have for first time craft show sellers?
Do your research. Make a checklist of all you need for your show. Get ideas/help from other craft show veterans. Have fun and don’t sweat it! Eeach show can be a learning experience.
6. What are your social media sites?