Contributor post by Alicia from AliciasFindings
“Fairy Door” by Christina from lebeauchaton
Welcome the wee folk with an easy DIY Fairy door created with popsicle sticks, basic craft supplies and odds and ends.
- Craft sticks
- White glue
- Acrylic paint
- Craft moss
- Faux flowers
- Buttons or accents
- Glue sticks to band of paper (excess can be trimmed off later).
2. Paint or Stain your choice of color.
3. For a weathered look you can use a quick crackle technique. Start by painting the door the base coat (this will be the color that shows through the cracks).
4. Once dry brush with a coat of white glue. While glue is still tacky coat with another layer of paint in contrasting color (I use a “throwaway” brush for this).
5. As the layers dry, the finish will crackle magically creating an aged look.
6. Then have fun decorating by adding craft moss and a button doorknob.
7. Or paint a cheery greeting for our garden gate we simply staggered the sticks rather than gluing straight across. Glue a craft stick on back as a stake to pop into a planter so it stands straight.
8. Doors can be created to suit a variety of themes and colors and styles – note they can be fragile and are not a toy.
9. A winter theme makes fun holiday decor perfect for elves.
10. Or they can be popped onto a flower-pot for a gnome home.
11. Have fun displaying your tiny doors or add as an accent to a potted plant as a unique gift.
Social Media Sites
Hometalk – http://www.hometalk.com/christina11/posts