Contributor post by Michelle of EviesToolEmporium
“Stamped Metal Bar Tags” by Lindsay from ShrimpSaladCircus
Lindsay here from Shrimp Salad Circus to share a fun tutorial to dress up your bar cart. These stamped metal liquor bottle tags also make lovely gifts and can be used for a wide variety of purposes, like labeling kitchen items! Read on for the full tutorial to find out how to stamp just about anything for a lasting impression!
- Aluminum credit card stamping blank
- 10mm metal letter stamps
- Silver chain
- Silver jump rings
- Black marker or paint
- Paper towel
- Bench block
- Metal hole punch
- Optional: bracelet mandrel
1. Count the number of letters in the word you want to stamp. In this case, we’re stamping “vodka,” which has five letters.
2. Now mark five evenly spaced, centered dots to use as a stamping guide.
3. Place your first letter stamp over the first dot, and hammer it firmly 2-3 times. Repeat for the rest of the letters.
4. Color in the letters with black permanent marker or paint, and then use a paper towel to wipe it off the surface of the metal, leaving only the letters filled in.
5. Punch a hole in each of the top corners. Thread a jump ring through each hole, and then attach each end of a chain to the tag.
6. You can hammer the edges of the card for a more rustic, textured finish.
7. If you have a round or oval bottle, you might want to shape the tag over a bracelet mandrel so that it hangs properly. Click here DIY Stamped Metal Bar Tags to see how I did that.
8. Hang the tag on your bottle to check placement. If you like the way it hangs, you’re done! If it seems too low or is sliding down the bottle, trim the chain a bit until you’re happy with the end result. Voila!
Social Media Sites