Contributor post by Alicia of AliciasFindings
1. What is name of your shop and what is unique about your shop?
My shop’s name is Made From Scraps Etc. The thing that I feel that is unique about my shop is that I offer printed LINEN tea towels. Linen is my favorite fabric because of it’s absorbency, it is stain resistant (it is in the fiber) and linen can be used with rustic or elegant decor. I love linen!
2. Where do you live and how does where you live influence your creativity?
We live in North Texas, Fort Worth to be exact! Fort Worth is know for it’s creativity and art. Any where you go here is a lesson in creativity and if you love handmade, this is the place to be!
3. What is it about having your own business that you love?
I just love creating new designs and inspiring people in their day to day living! It is so refreshing to have a little reminder hanging in your kitchen about what is important to you.
4. What is your greatest business achievement?
I have been featured in a magazine article and a blog. Both were very exciting!
5. How would you like to see your business evolve?
I don’t want it to get so big that I am rushed and not able to enjoy the process. I so enjoy making each item for my customers and I savor the each moment that I make something very special for them!
6. What are your social media sites?
Crafters Lounge: crafterslounge.com/board/made-from-scraps/3804/