Contributor post by Alicia of AliciasFindings
1. What is the name of your shop and what is unique about your shop?
The name of my shop is LuDesignsCreations. My name is Lucy so it was easy to combine it with designs. Because so many wanted to use LuDesigns I added creations because create is what I do.
2. Where do you live and how does where you live influence your creativity?
I live in the city of Chicago, Illinois. We are right on Lake Michigan. Nature is what influences my designs and I use a lot of natural stones, gems, etc in my designs. I also recycle sterling silver by melting it and recasting it into new designs.
3. What is it about having your own business that you love?
I am retired now after running several businesses in my career. My last position was lending to small business from a large bank where I met so many business owners. Having the knowledge to encourage and help them be successful in their endeavors taught me a lot about running my own business and it very rewarding to utilize my love of designing with a successful venture of my own.
4. What is your greatest business achievement?
The success of my business has allowed me to take classes and enhance my love of design. I became a silversmith and make m own designs. This is rewarding to me.
5. How would you like to see your business evolve?
As i get older it becomes more difficult to do two and three-day shows so I am learning to do what is necessary to enhance my online business endeavors. I keep studying ways to make my products more visible so they are found on social media.
6. What are your social media sites?