Contributor Post by Dawn from DeeDeeDeesigns
1. What is name of your shop and what is unique about your shop?
Our shop is called North and South Shabby. We are a mother and a daughter who live in two areas of the United States, one north, in New England, one south, in the Florida Keys. Our shop offers crafted and found treasures that have a distinctive shabby or coastal shabby flair.
2. Where do you live and how does where you live influence your creativity?
Even though we live in two distinct areas of the country, the areas are both similar. Both locations are close to the ocean, so maritime influence of the nearby ocean salts our store with sea inspired items. We are also both fortunate to live in areas where we can find vintage keepsakes from old multigenerational homes to share or to repurpose.
3. What is it about having your own business that you love?
We both only create and collect what we love. Our shop is an extension of our own home décor. So when we make a sale, it is so rewarding to have someone validate our endeavors. Also, working together as a team, is the one best part of our business.
4. What is your greatest business achievement?
In the two and a half years since we opened our shop, we have gradually increased our sales, gotten custom orders, and even supplied a gift shop with wholesale orders. It is more than we had ever dreamed of achieving!
5. How would you like to see your business evolve?
We hope to continue what we have been doing and hope to soon introduce a line of unique ocean inspired jewelry boxes and hand crafted nautical Santas.
6. What are your social media sites?