Contributor post by Alicia of AliciasFindings
Virtual PopUpMarket – NeatoKeen
1. What is the name of your shop and what is unique about your shop?
NeatoKeen. I sell vintage items, but I specialize in vintage tea towels from the Mid Century. The variety of designs is astounding!
2. Where do you live and how does where you live influence your creativity?
I live in Decatur, IL which is smack dab in the middle of the state (1/2 way between Chicago and St. Louis). I do a lot of treasure hunting all over the state.
3. What is it about having your own business that you love?
Setting my own schedule, wearing yoga pants every day and discovering that hard work and perseverance do pay off.
4. What is your greatest business achievement?
Reaching 5000 sales on Etsy in 5 years. And I think I’m still in the top 100 vintage sellers on Etsy (barely squeaking in, but I’m on the list) according to craftcount.com.
5. How would you like to see your business evolve?
Naturally I would like my sales to increase, but I’m pretty content with the pace of my shop. I would love to double my inventory; however, it’s becoming increasingly difficult to find pristine vintage linens.
6. What are your social media sites?