Contributor post by Amy of BeadsAndThreadsbyAmy
Valentine’s Day is the perfect way to share your “I Love You’s” with all of those you truly care about. Our Christmas in July Team on Etsy share some ways to extend that I Love You into the rest of the year.
10) My daughter loves the jewelry I make. A jewelry gift is always a way to show someone they are special. Place it in a beautiful box with a handmade card or note. We always think of red, but it can be a color she loves. My daughter loves purple. –candy frizzell from TrueEarthDesigns
9) My husband and I have been together for over 30 years, and my top tip would be don’t forget “special occasions” like Valentine’s day. It actually becomes more important, as the years together grow longer, to show you’ve made an effort to pick out a gift just for your sweetheart! – Valerie Brown from FirepanJewellery
8) I believe we should show others we care for them EVERYDAY!! I love putting together gift baskets for my loved ones. The items don’t have to be expensive, just thoughtful. For example, manicure supplies, DVDs with popcorn and candle or a nice book, assorted teas and a nice sturdy mug. Thoughtful always trumps expensive. –Jo Ann’s Angels from JoAnnsAngels
7) For me loving someone is all about surprise. Making life fun by making gifts all the more because there is no official occasion. –oppning from oppning
6) I believe in telling those that you love that “you love them”. I have always lived what I believe but I do understand that many have a hard time doing just that. I have created a send a heart in a cascade of fabrics that can be sent for any occasion. It can be scented and mailed to the person you want to send a message to. –Myrna Neal from ShopOfCraftsByMyrna
5) I want to give EVERYONE handmade gifts, but realistically, that doesn’t always happen. For teachers, sisters, mom, I like making zipper pouches. They’re useful and can’t have enough of them. I also give animal pillows to adults as well as kids. They’re kind of a nice travel size and still fit in my useful/handmade category. Happy Valentine’s Day! –Lucy from MyFunnyBuddy
I am a giver so I think the best way is to tell someone you love him with words, hugs and kisses, my husband and my daughter at least they appreciate it. For all the other parts of my life, a handmade gift is my way to saw them that I love them, a piece of me! Happy Valentines day to everyone!! –Ifigeneia tsiltikli from fifirixtra
3) The sweetest thing I’ve heard at a craft show was about these mini book necklaces. A man bought one and was going to write something on each page that he loved about his wife. He planned on giving it to her as a special token, filled with his words of love! Aw!!! So sweet! –Carolyn Eady from SproutsPressDesigns
I love to give gifts to the one’s I love to show them I care. A gift doesn’t have to cost a lot either. One year my husband gave me coupons to redeem and it is such a fun, romantic, and inexpensive gift you can give. I chose to create a card for Valentine’s Day that includes coupons to give to a special someone. –Sarah Johnson from BellaBoutique23
1) I’m married for many years and in this kind of relations often wife and husband take everything for granted.
I think it would be very nice to me to be invited by my husband go visiting one of the beautiful Italian towns: Naples, Venice, Rome, just like tourists! Will it occur? Perhaps if I show him my last Valentine’s Day decor, he will understand! –Lia Russo from Ghirlandiamo
Alas, our Ten Tips is at an end. How better to say “I Love You” than a poem…
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of being and ideal grace.
I love thee to the level of every day’s
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for right.
I love thee purely, as they turn from praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood’s faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints. I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.
–Elizabeth Barrett Browning
….and a few gifts from our Top Ten Contributors and other members of our CIJ Family.
To shop for any of these stunning, thoughtful gifts, just click on the collection! Happy Valentine’s Day from the Christmas in July Team!