Contributor post by Alicia of AliciasFindings
Let’s make Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti – Recipe from LollysCubbyHole
1. What is your recipe?
Recipe – Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
1/4 C. Light Olive Oil ( only use the light, regular doesn’t work)
3/4 C. white sugar
2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/2 Tsp. Almond Extract
1 3/4 C. All Purpose Flour
1/4 Tsp. Salt
1 Tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 C dried Cranberries
1 1/2 C. Pistachio Nuts ( shelled)
Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F ( 150 degrees C.)
1) In a large bowl, mix together oil & sugar until well blended.
2) Mix in the vanilla & almond extracts, then beat in the eggs.
3) Combine flour, salt, & baking powder; gradually stir into egg mixture.
4) Mix in cranberries & pistachio nuts by hand.
5) Divide dough in half. Form two logs ( 12 x 2 inches on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Dough may be sticky; so wet your hands with cool water to handle dough more easily.
6) Bake for 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the logs are light brown. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
7) Reduce oven heat to 275 degrees F ( 135 degrees C).
8) Cut logs on the diagonal into 3/4 inch thick slices. Lay flat on sides on the parchment covered cookie sheet.
9) Bake approximately 8 – 10 minutes or until dry. ( I sometimes flip the slices during that time period.)
10) Cool on a baking rack. Enjoy!
Once they are completely cool, you can store in a canister or zip lock bag. In the refrigerator, they will last for weeks.
2. What is it about this cookie that you love?
I love this recipe because it is easy, children can help and it is so festive with the red of the cranberries, and the green of the pistachios!
3. How did you learn to make this cookie?
I made these after purchasing commercial grade biscotti and decided I wanted to try making them myself!
4. Please share a story or memory to go along with the cookie.
My mother still asks about these “cookies” and just recently told me she would really like some! So I guess I should keep the recipe on the counter and get some made and shipped out to her for a
pre- holiday surprise! I will send a photo when I get a batch made!
5. What are your social media sites?