Contributor post by Megha of byTheArtBug
1. What city do you live in? What makes it special?
I live in Göteborg (Gothenburg) on the Swedish west coast. I think it´s special that we have water in the city center! We have a lot of cafées, actually we have the most cafees per capita in our city, maybe you´ve heard the swedish word “Fika”? The word “Fika” I would say means having a coffee break with friends, often accompanied by something sweet. Fika is is an important part of our culture.
2. What are several places everyone visiting your country should see?
The archipelago either on the west or the east coast. Up in the north with the midnigh sun during the summer. And the beautiful iceland Gotland.
3. How have the customs, traditions, geography, nature etc. inspired the items you create?
I´m very inspired by my grandma. I grew up in the countryside and learnt from her how to take care of nature, dont wast anything and craftmanship. She´s the one who tought me to how to weave rag rugs. Ever since I was little I’ve had a keen interest in fashion, design and environmental issues. ReThink Design gives me the opportunity to combine this and at the same time devote myself to something that feels meaningful. My philosophy is that no one can do everything, but everyone can do something!
4. What are you doing this fall to drive your business in your community? Are you doing a festival or show? How do you reach out to your community?
I attended Formex Design Fair – The largest meeting place for Nordic Interior Design. I will also sell my products at our amusement park Liseberg during November and December.
5. What are your social media sites?