Contributor post by Michelle of EviesToolEmporium
Let’s travel to France – Lannilis with Sandra from SandraOvono
1. What city do you live in? What makes it special?
I live in Lannilis, a small village of approximately 6000 inhabitants, nestled in the Pays des Abers aka the Coast of Legends. This is an area of Brittany, France’s westernmost region, known for its fjord-like rocky inlets. The «Abers» (a Celtic word meaning estuary) are in fact old coastal valleys submerged by the sea at high tide. The Abers have a strong cultural identity and their environment, totally unspoilt and preserved, is the home for unique species of birds and flora. They are a fabulous destination to discover.
2. What are several places everyone visiting your country should see?
There are so many amazing places to visit! You will be charmed no matter which part of France you select.
Here are my favorite destinations:
– If you plan a romantic getaway, Paris, the City of Love, is the perfect destination
– If you are a nature lover, Brittany’s unique natural splendours are guaranteed to take your breath away
– If you’re a gourmet, you can escape to the Wine Routes or discover the full range of flavors of Provencal cuisine in the French Riviera
– If you like cultural visits, you will be enchanted by the Châteaux of the Loire Valley
3. How have the customs, traditions, geography, nature etc. inspired the items you create?
The subjects I find inspirational are the sea and the natural world. Brittany is a land of inspiration. I draw inspiration from the beautiful seascapes, the dramatic light of ocean storms, the myriad of tiny treasures found along the seashores. My paintings and illustrations include boats, beaches, misty islands, seaweeds, as well as fauna and flora.
4. What are you doing this fall to drive your business in your community? Are you doing a festival or show? How do you reach out to your community?
As a watercolorist, I’m a member of the “Brittany Watercolor Society”. This fall, we will exhibit our watercolor paintings in the Château de Pont l’Abbé.
As a mother of 3 (my main job!), this fall I would like to learn sewing, because I want to take part on a collective project: with other mothers of my community, we will sew a reading rug for the kids of the nursery!
I’m also a leader of the Etsy Team Bretagne, a community of Etsy sellers based in Brittany. I wish we could see each other more often, but it’s hard to find a time when we can all meet up.
5. What are your social media sites?