Contributor blog post by Jennifer from CaffeinatedPapercuts
Today we’re traveling to Perm, Russia with Katya from KittyAprilHandmade. I snagged hers to write about as I have ancestors from Russia and was in awe of her photos; WOW!
1. What city do you live in? What makes it special?
I live in Perm. I think its location makes its special, the city is situated in the middle of Russia. So there is great nature around it. It`s very cold (can be -30 C) in the winter and warm (+20) in the summer.
2. What are several places everyone visiting your country should see?
Russia is the biggest country in the world so it seems a difficult question. I myself have been to only a small number of Russian cities as my country is enormous. I think everyone should see Moscow, St Petersburg, visit Altai region, Lake Baikal… Taking a train trip across Russia would be a great and also quite a challenging idea.
3. How have the customs, traditions, geography, nature etc. inspired the items you create?
I haven`t really thought about it before but there can be some connections… Perm`s territory has originally had lots of nature treasures, there are wild animals such as bears and foxes in the forests. And on the flag of Perm there is actually a bear! So maybe it is a coincidence or maybe not that I love nature and create teddy bears, hedgehogs, squirrels and other animals with my hands.
4. What are you doing this fall to drive your business in your community? Are you doing a festival or show? How do you reach out to your community?
This fall I am participating in Hugglets Teddies fair in London. I am really excited about it. Now I am creating my new collection of teddies and their friends for the fair.
5. What are your social media sites?