Contributor post by Michelle of EviesToolEmporium
Let’s travel to Lithuania – Alytus City with Ingrida from Feltinga
1. What city do you live in? What makes it special?
I’m Ingrida from Lithuania. I live in Alytus city, which is the capital of Southern region of Lithuania, called Dzukija. The region is famous for its huge forests, beautiful lakes, the biggest Lithuanian river Nemunas crossing it, scenic hills and valleys, mysterious mounds, left by our ancestors.
2. What are several places everyone visiting your country should see?
The Curonian Spit
Druskininkai and Birstonas mineral water resorts
Palanga Baltic sea resort
Klaipeda port city
3. How have the customs, traditions, geography, nature etc. inspired the items you create?
Wool is traditional Lithuanian raw material, used for ages. Touching the wool I feel like touching the history. Linen is another our beloved material, so there are some linen items in my shop too. And amber… our Lithuanian gold… Colors and blossoms of our summers, whiteness and purity of winters, gold of falls and freshness of springs inspire my creative side!
4. What are you doing this fall to drive your business in your community? Are you doing a festival or show? How do you reach out to your community?
In fact, I present my items for Etsy community mostly. Or make them as gifts for my closest people.
5. What are your social media sites?