Contributor post by Alicia of AliciasFindings
Let’s travel to the United States – Chicago with Claudia Marie of ClaudiaMarieFelt
1. What city do you live in? What makes it special?
I live in a suburb of Chicago, named Wauconda (which is Native American for Spirit Water). Wauconda has a lake in the middle of town, I can see the lake from my bedroom; it is lovely. The lake attracts local tourists, so we have some nice restaurants and clubs that offer live music.
2. What are several places everyone visiting your country should see?
One of the big cities, I’d say Chicago or San Francisco. The national parks out west, Sequoia National Park in California, Yosemite in California, Yellowstone in Wyoming or Mt. Rainier in Washington. (When I was in my 20’s I spent three summers working in three of those parks) The mountains and the big trees are heavenly. The Pacific Ocean in California, Big Sur or Monterey are breathtaking.
3. How have the customs, traditions, geography, nature etc. inspired the items you create?
Many of my creations are woodland animals that were created out of my love for nature and wildlife, such as my white-tailed deer, red and grey squirrels, red foxes, cottontail bunnies .
4. What are you doing this fall to drive your business in your community? Are you doing a festival or show? How do you reach out to your community?
Next weekend, some of my wool paintings will be on exhibit at the Midwest Fiber Art Festival in Grayslake, IL.
I also participate in the holiday faire at the Waldorf school in my town (my son is an alumnus).
5. What are your social media sites?
My Facebook for Claudia Marie Felt: www.facebook.com/ClaudiaMarieFelt
Waldorf on Etsy Facebook page: www.facebook.com/WaldorfInspired