Contributor post by Michelle of EviesToolEmporium
I’m excited to introduce to you today Gail from AttentionGetting. Many of you may already know her because of her fascinating website Attention Getting Marketing. Gail has written 7 marketing ebooks. She has 20+ years of marketing experience and I appreciate that she has taken the time today to share with us 6 tips for getting holiday sales from Attention Getting Marketing on Etsy.
1. Reach out to your current customers with special offers, such as an early bird discount for holiday shopping in October or free holiday gift wrapping.
2. Take advantage of highly promoted events like Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday by pitching story ideas to your local newspaper about how your shop plans to offer special promotions on these days. They are always looking for local stories on these subjects.
3. Change or add to your shop sections to reflect gift categories i.e. Gifts For Her, Gifts Under $50, Stocking Stuffers
4. Start pitching NOW to get in the print magazines’ holiday gift guides. You would be amazed at how many national magazines ran gift guides last year with a category for Etsy shops.
5. Pitch your products to be part of other holiday editorial such as “How to Decorate the Holiday Table”, etc. Pitch story ideas such as this to the Etsy blog writers now as they plan in advance.
6. Create your own holiday gift guides featuring your products as well as other Etsy sellers and then all of you promote it on social media as well as to each others customers, extending the reach even further. Localized versions i.e. “Holiday Gift Guide featuring Boston Etsy Shops”, could do quite well with your local market.
Thank you for joining us today Gail. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share the tips with us today. It gives us the opportunity now to start planning for the 2014 holiday season!