Contributor post by Amy of BeadsAndThreadsbyAmy
I thought it would be a great idea to share some new recipes with our CIJ friends, along with an item from our shops to help serve it, clean it up, or make it even more memorable! Without further adieu, here are our recipes and items. Just click on the pictures for a link to the recipes and featured items.
1) Carolyn T from Butterflykilns I have found the BEST recipe for lemon bars at allrecipes.com which would look great served on my sunflower plate!
Yummy Lemon Bars!
Stunning Sunflower Platter from Butterflykilns.
2) Jeanne from CedarwoodCreations says Keeping it delicious and healthy with these No Bake Bars from Baking Blonde served with a side of the Symbol for Health from my shop.
No-Bake Bars (my idea of making dessert)!
Health Sign Paperweight to hold down that lovely recipe from CedarwoodCreations!
3) Kelly from ColourscapeStudios says I’m making pavlova for my dad’s birthday with this failsafe recipe from Taste.com and serving it with his favorite coffee.
Pavlova Recipe from Taste.com. Lovely!
Coffee Photography from ColourscapeStudios.
4) Tree Southfox from BlessBeadTheTies says:
No sugar Lemonade
1 cup fresh lemon juice
2/3 cup agave nectar ( low glycemic sweetener)
6 cups water ice
Serve it with this tie on…..
Lemonade Tie from BlessBeadTheTie.
5) Tanya from socksandmittens shares a lemon rosemary chicken and protects her Kindle in the kitchen with this cover…
Kindle Cover from socksandmittens. Keep that Kindle clean while reading recipes in the kitchen.
6) Dossie Garvey from petzoup shares her favorite recipe…
Blameless squares –
3 mashed bananas
1/3 cup apple sauce
2 cups oats
1/4 cup almond milk
1/2 cup raisins
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes
egg less, flour less, dairy less and no added sugar
And says they are sweet like her friend here:
Custom Portrait Ornament from petzoup.
7) Veronica and Andy Fritsch from AVAArtsSupplies says We love this pretzel recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction, but use all purpose flour instead of whole wheat, just like mom used to make!
Mom’s Pretzels from Sally’s Baking Addiction.
Mom charms from AVAArtsSupplies. Great for a mother’s day project!
8) Alicia Salazar from SleepSchedule suggests a picnic for Easter with her Mustard Roasted Lamb wrapped up in a do-it-yourself tote kit.
Mustard Roasted Lamb and Potatoes.
Tote Bag Kit from SleepSchedule.
9) Include these cupcakes in your picnic shared by Karen Crisp from APaperParadise. A Martha Stewart Recipe.
Vanilla Cupcakes from marthastewart.com
Cupcake wrapper and topper from APaperParadise.
10) And, last but not least, for those lingering winter days and cool spring evenings, Jessica Chong from CrochetNature shares her recipe for S’Mores served with the perfect S’More eating gloves! Place a graham cracker on a microwave safe plate. Place a marshmallow or mini marshmallows on the cracker, and chocolate on top of the marshmallow. Microwave for about 10-15 seconds. Place second graham cracker on top. Eat and enjoy!
FIngerless Gloves for S’Mores from CrochetNature.