Contributor post by BeadsandThreadsbyAmy
Ever wondered what opening an Etsy Shop really teaches you about life? Several of our CIJ team members talk about what they have learned by opening their Etsy Shop.
8. “What you may think is pretty boring and simple can suddenly become your best seller. I stamped up these little tags on a whim one night, and BOOM; everyone loves them!” –Jennifer Loftfield from CaffeinatedPapercuts
Chevron gift tags from Caffeinated Papercuts.
7. “Who knew? Put this up there on a whim and they sold out in no time. Go figure. What I learned from this: let your marketplace guide you.” –B.K. Scriblz from ScriblzDesignStudio
Sold out Conversation Heart wall decor from Scriblz Design Studio on Etsy.
6. “I have some really good ideas/hunches as forcing my husband to start his own business has turned out to be my best idea ever (his sales kick my butt!).” –Cathy from CathysUniqueCreation
Metal wall clock from All15Designs on Etsy.
5. “Just because I love something, doesn’t mean everyone else will” –B.K. Scriblz from ScriblzDesignStudio
Valentines day ornament from Scriblz Design Studio
4. “Don’t be afraid to follow the crowd. Whenever a new trend comes out, I’m usually skeptical of how long it will last, but sometimes jumping on the band wagon isn’t a bad idea. You never know when you’ll find yourself back at finding #1 because of it… ;)” –Jennifer Loftfield from CaffeinatedPapercuts
Owl Coasters from Caffeinated Papercuts.
3. “Keep momentum going once you’ve got the ball rolling is hard work, but so so rewarding when it works. !” –Adam and Kelly from ColourscapeStudios
Hard Work Sign from ColourScapes Studios.
2. “Doing my own wedding invitations didn’t only satisfy my needs as a baseball bride, but has proven to be what many other Bride’s are looking for as well. And every time I work with one I get a ton of satisfaction from the fact I know I’m saving them from settling on a traditional invitation.” –Cathy from CathysUniqueCreation
Baseball Wedding Invitations from Cutting it Up.
1. “Getting started is hard. It’s amazing how many ideas you can have running around your head and yet feel so lost!” –Adam and Kelly from ColourscapeStudios
Getting Ahead Wall Decor from ColourScape Studios.