Please join us in welcoming fifirixtra, our featured member!
- Tell us a bit about yourself
Hello! My mane is Ifigeneia Tsitlikli and I live at Piraeus Greece. I am a new mum of a little girl and at my spear time I like to do aikido. I am an interior designer and I love all kinds of crafting, especially Origami. My favourite season used to be summer but since I got married and had my baby, I loved Christmas time!!! Let the spirit be alive!
- When did you open your business and what made you decide to do so? Any new exciting news you’d like to share? What makes your business stand out from others?
A friend of mine told me about Etsy and I decided to try my luck with it but then I got pregnant and I couldn’t be too much involved and I closed for a wail. . Now that my baby girl is 8 months, I think it’s the best time for me to try again J .
I have new Christmas products ready to be shipped just in time for your Christmas tree.
All of my items are unique, made by me, totally on hand (except from some sewed that are said that have been sewed some parts of them by machine). They are made with lots of love and good luck .
- Tell us a bit about the products you have available.
Do you offer customization?
Yes, I do offer customization
What are the price range of your items?
I think they are low price items, so we can learn each other and of course because of the world crises. The materials although are non-toxic and the have good quality.
What countries do you ship to?
I ship all over the world with Hellenic post.
Do you have a new design/product available?
Yes I do have my Christmas collection. Some of them are:
And I am working on for more.
What is your most popular item on Etsy?
The most popular item of mine is a little origami 3d bassinet.
How can people care for your products to ensure they last as long as possible?
I use quality materials and I am the first one that uses them, so I am a buyer too.
- What materials do you use and which is your favourite to work with?
I like to work with beads, wire, felt, fabric, cords, wool but the most favourite of mine is paper.
- What inspires your work and new products? How would you describe your style?
I am inspired from my every day life, my friends, my child our needs etc. I think I am pretty much traditional with a little bit of myself in each item.
- Tell us a bit about your workspace.
I work at my home at this time, but I would love to have my own studio…I love the way the light goes up to me and I could change the time that I work..
- Do you have a favourite artist/genre or tv show to listen to/watch while you work?
No at this time, I like to have a quiet room, only the cry of my daughter.
- Any great stories about being a crafter that you’d like to share?
I have been an interior designer for several years at 2 big super markets of Greece , I opened many stores of them and it was just great, everyone was different from each other and I tried to have a project for them in my mind because I was something like a manager at the second. The greatest joy of mine was, when I got seek and returned to my job, Dimitra the girl I trained did a great job with that shop. I was very proud of her, she and my little girl are the greatest creations of mine!
- Why do you believe people should buy handmade, such as your own work, vs buying mass-produced products from box stores?
The handmade products have a part of every creator and his/ hers energy. Machine products have no power at all.. Machine items have only the pressure of doing something quickly , handmade products have the joy of creating things, plus each item is unique .
When you buy a handmade item you make someone very happy and you help him. Isn’t it a good reason?
- What are your future goals for the business this year and in the coming years? What is your dream?
For this year, I want to have such many required items as I can make, so I can still do things that I love. The bigger plan of mine is to have my own store with my handmade products and make as money as I need to live with.
- Is this your full-time job or do you have a day job? If so, what do you do for work?
At this time this is my job. Some times I work at my mums flower shop and help her. I used to be an interior designer for 4 years at Carrefour and 4 years at Market In Greek supermarkets.
- Do you have any advise for someone thinking of opening their own business? Any advise for those wanting to sell on Etsy?
Just try it! If you don’t you will only have a big WHY I DIDN’T in your mind.
- Besides your business, what do you like to do with your time?
I like to make some origami-es with paper.I do aikido (martial art) and I own a blog http://fifirixtra.blogspot.gr/
- Where can people find out more about you and your business?
Some fun questions!
- What is your dream vacation?
- Favourite Ice Cream?
- Coke or Pepsi?
- Game of Thrones or Modern Family?
Game of thrones
- Rock, paper, scissors or spock?
Paper of course
- Urban or suburban?
- Favourite book?
Οι δράκουλες των συναισθημάτων (The Dracula’s of emotions)
- Tell us something quicky about yourself
- Choose your own question to answer: What would you do if you had the chance to go back in time?
I wouldn’t change anything at my life because all these things make me what I am now!
If you would like to be featured, please contact admin Natalie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note you must be a member of the CIJ Etsy team to be featured.