Food is a wonderful trigger for fond memories of our holidays. What is your favorite Christmas recipe? Here’s one our teammate, Alicia, is here to share with all of you!
“Some of my favorite memories of Christmas are baking cookies with my mom a few days before Christmas. We don’t cook as many as we used to,but it still so much fun!
Last year was my favorite Christmas, since my extended family and mom and brother were all together. We ended up doing some fun things around the area as well as just spend time talking and reminiscing. We went to a local Amish market and some of the family went to a local fort that my brother works at part time (Fort Mott). For those of you Ghost Hunters watchers, Fort Mott is the sister fort to Fort Delaware. Other than this we hung out together, playing games and just talking and reminiscing.”
Snicker Doodles Recipe
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Mix butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar and eggs thoroughly in a large bowl.
3) Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
4) Blend dry ingredients into butter mixture.
5) Chill dough, and chill an ungreased cookie sheet for about 10-15 minutes in the fridge. Meanwhile, mix 3 tablespoons sugar, and 3 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl.
6) Scoop 1 inch globs of dough into the sugar/ cinnamon mixture.
7) Coat by gently rolling balls of dough in the sugar mixture.
8) Place on chilled ungreased cookie sheet, and bake 10 minutes. Remove from pan immediately.
Thank you so much for sharing your recipe and Christmas story with us, Alicia.
We, at CIJ, hope that everyone will have a joyful holiday season. Bake up some good memories along the way !
Please send some love to our fellow teammie and visit Alicia’s shop at :